Peeled Alive : Utilizing Your Creative Mind
Many aspiring poets struggle to utilize their creativity with symbolism, vivid imagery, and personification. These are important parts of a poets repertoire and contributes largely to the effort to draw in their audience and keep them returning to read more. If you may be struggling with this problem, practice your use of these important writing devices. Try to write about random things around your house to kick start your creative mind. As an example, recently, I wrote a poem from the perspective of a banana. It is as follow :
"Peeled Alive" by Brandon Shaffer
From my bag, I hear men talk.
Towards me, they commence their walk.
To the pantry, they go down.
To a peasant, I give my crown.
Our small hearts are filled with fear.
By any sound that we doth hear.
The foreign house is rather cold.
From a tropical region we were sold.
Throughout my years, I have yellowed
While the giants' stomachs deeply bellowed.
My vulnerable being starts to quake
As the ground with footsteps starts to shake.
When the giants opened up the door.
My comrades and I fell to the floor.
I was lifted, it was not fun.
If I had legs, I'd have surely run.
I was pulled toward the skies.
My life flashed before my eyes.
My servants from the pantry squealed
As the clothing from my back was peeled.
When the bloated man took his first bite
I commenced my journey toward the light.
-Creative Writing and Tutorials


Comments
Post a Comment